Designed to support the standards of Aravia Apartments, the policies listed below apply to all residents, apartment occupants and their guests.
Community Policies, Rules and Release
Welcome to your new home professionally managed by Mission Rock Residential (MRR). We hope these community policies acquaint you with the many services and facilities available to you. It is the goal of Mission Rock Residential to maintain a community where all residents are proud to call home. In order to maintain an attractive enjoyable environment for all of our residents, certain policies and rules have been established and must be adhered to. Realizing that everyone may not be aware of these policies, we have outlined them for your review and acknowledgement. The management office is open to serve you and we request your assistance in maintaining high standards for your community.
Your lease contract is a very important document, be certain you received a copy. You need to thoroughly read the lease contract and all addenda to the contract. Please contact the management office if you have any questions about the contract or addenda.
Residents and all occupants, and guests, must comply with all policies regarding use of the resident’s dwelling and the common areas. There are policies contained in the lease and separate policies attached to the lease or provided to the resident(s) during the lease term. For purposes of this acknowledgment, “owner” includes the dwelling owner named in your lease, Mission Rock Residential and their respective partners, employees, officers, directors, agents and servants. “Lease” means the Lease Contract between owner and resident(s). “Home” means the, town home, or other space leased from owner including garages.
The owner does not promise or warrant that owner will be aware of crime that happens in the area or even on the property. Owner will try to notify the residents when owner becomes aware of a serious crime on the property with written notice attached to residents’ front door.
If you would like to obtain accurate crime statistics for this geographic area, the local police station will be able to accommodate your request as a matter of public record. Additionally, the community maintains copies of resident notices issued in response to reported crimes occurring at this location. These copies may be viewed upon request.
Owner reserves the right to reduce, modify or eliminate any security system, security devices or service(other than those statutorily required) at any time and without notice; and such action shall not be a breach of any obligation or warranty on the part of the owner.
Your community may have access gates. If you community has access gates, you will be given separate instructions on proper operation of the gates including, codes, transmitters and other information. Owner is not and shall not become liable to you, your family, your guests or other occupants of your home for any injury, damage or loss whatsoever which is caused as a result of a problem, defect, malfunction or failure of the performance of the access gates.
In the event that Owner accepts delivery of Resident’s mail or packages, Resident releases Owner from all liability with respect to the acceptance or storage of any mail or packages. We ask that all packages be claimed within (7) days.
In the event that the community is under construction, Resident agrees to observe all warning signs and blockades and stay away from the construction areas. Construction crews work throughout the days during the week and on weekends in order to complete construction. Areas of construction will have machinery and equipment to be used by authorized personnel only and entry into these areas by Resident, occupants of the Unit or their respective guests is strictly prohibited.
Qualified maintenance personnel are on duty to handle most problems that may arise. Routine maintenance calls are taken during normal office hours. Emergency maintenance service is provided 24 hours a day by calling the main leasing office number. Please be considerate when requesting after hours maintenance. If the situation can wait until the management office opens, please wait and call or leave a message with the answering service. Any situation of potential property damage or resident injury is considered an emergency. For any calls after normal business hours, call the main leasing office number and explain the emergency. Management personnel will be contacted. Owner reserves the right to determine whether a maintenance situation is an emergency. The provision shall not be construed as a waiver by Owner to require written notice of any repair requests. Resident acknowledges that this pertains to maintenance requests only; Resident agrees to contact the local law enforcement agency in the event of security related concerns.
We will be glad to install any additional security devices identified in your lease; however, we require and request payment in advance. Our compliance with, or response to, any verbal request regarding safety matters shall not waive the strict requirements for written notices and requests relating to safety matters (such as lighting, gates, locks, latches, alarm systems, and other similar systems).
- Please do not make modifications to the walls, shelves, or closets without prior written approval from the management office.
- Check breakers before calling in an electrical service request. If wall socket is out of order check all light switches.
- Care for your countertops. Never place cigarettes, burning objects, hot cookware or chop food directly on the surfaces.
- Use cold water when running your disposal. Insert soft foods only. If your disposal does not work, try pushing the reset button on the bottom of it.
- Remove excess food from dishes prior to using dishwasher. The disposal should be emptied before the dishwasher begins its cycle.
- Keep all drains free of hair and grease. POUR KITCHEN GREASE IN A CAN, NOT DOWN THE SINK.
- Do not use aluminum foil or metal in the microwave.
- Do not cover range top drip pans with aluminum foil.
- Only toilet paper should be flushed down your commode; paper towels, tissue, hygiene articles, etc. should be thrown in the garbage.
- Use shower curtain when taking a shower. Water on your bath floor could damage flooring or flood the downstairs home.
- Should your toilet overflow, turn off the valve immediately. This is the small faucet handle located on the wall near the base of the toilet. Call management immediately.
- Any repairs or modifications requested beyond routine maintenance must be submitted and approved in writing by management or Owner prior to completion Management reserves the right to charge for any and all repairs made in your apartment home to restore it to the condition that it was upon move-in
- Do not use candles or kerosene lamps for light. Only battery powered lighting may be used for lighting if electricity is interrupted or terminated.
- Management offers monthly preventative pest control services at no charge. If additional pest control is needed throughout the month, management reserves the right to charge for each additional treatment. Please contact the management office to schedule an appointment. In the event pests are detected, it is the responsibility of the resident to report it immediately to Management in writing. In addition all instructions provided by the Pest Control must be adhered to eliminate the pest. Resident may be charged for damages associated with above items.
If your property provides laundry rooms, the rooms will be operated by a commercial company. A repair number is posted in the laundry facility and may be called for repair service and funds. Please help keep the laundry room clean. Agent and/or Owner shall not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property. If vending machines or newspaper racks need maintenance, please contact the repair number posted on the machines. If no number is present, please contact the office.
Keep all sidewalks, entrances, passageways and stairways around the property free from obstructions. No bicycles, baby carriages, motorcycles, or other personal effects shall be stored in or near halls, stairways, elevators, laundry rooms, sidewalks or other public areas. Resident shall remove any shopping cart brought onto the property. Trash: Keep trash in its proper place. Trash receptacles are located on the community grounds. A minimum charge of $5 and up to $50 will be levied for anyone placing trash in any area not designated for refuse disposal.
Balconies and patios must be maintained in a neat, clean and attractive condition. Patios/balconies are not to be used for storage. Patios/balconies are to be used for patio furniture, tasteful decorations and plants. Garbage bags, garbage receptacles, blankets, clotheslines or clothes hanging over balcony rails and similar items are not permitted. Holiday decorations shall not be put up more than thirty (30) days prior to any holiday and shall be removed no more than thirty (30) days after the holiday. Management in its sole discretion retains the right to have Resident change or alter the appearance of the patios/balconies or doors if the agent deems unsightly or otherwise does not comply with this paragraph.
Resident agrees to comply with the local fire codes in relation to the use of barbeques. The minimum acceptable policy for use of barbecues prohibits the use of any grill, hibachi or smoker within 10 feet of the building or overhang. Any person violating this code or failing to comply with it is subject to a fine and may be in default of their lease.
Neither Mission Rock Residential nor the community is responsible for any damages that happen while parking on community property. All vehicles must be registered with the management office. If applicable, residents must display a MRR parking sticker or permit attached to the driver side of the front windshield. When you move out, you agree to return the permit(s) issued. A fee will be charged for each permit not returned upon move out.
Please do not wash or repair vehicles on the premises, unless it is in an area designated as such by the management office. If boat parking is available, please use the designated areas only. Please observe the posted speed limits. No trailer, motor home, unauthorized boats, campers or large trucks are allowed on parking facilities. Any vehicle that in Agent’s reasonable determination is unsightly, unsafe, unauthorized, prohibited, unlicensed or that has expired tags, abandoned, improperly parked, illegally parked, parking in a reserved or designated space, impedes traffic, impedes property operations or services, leaks, or that is inoperable will be towed at vehicle Owner’s or Resident’s expense. Management reserves the right to manage or change parking rules as necessary, such as requiring that vehicles be parked six (6) inches from the curb as to not block the sidewalk, etc. No storage of vehicles is permitted.
During normal business hours, the management office will allow residents entry into their home upon verifying photo identification against the lease file. Prior approval is required if the residents locks are changed by an outside vendor and management must have a key to your apartment home. If a security system is installed, management must have a current access code. Additional locks (such as chain locks) may be added to your door ONLY with the permission of the resident manager, and must be installed by the management maintenance staff. A requested lock change will be provided for $50.00 and will be completed after payment is received.
In the event Resident is locked out of their apartment, Agent shall assist in gaining entry to the apartment, without charge during office hours. After-hour lockouts are provided after the closing of the office until 11pm to residents and occupants ONLY upon verifying photo identification against the lease file. In the event a community office is closed on Sundays staff assisted lock outs will be provided from the hours of 9am to 11pm. The charge assessed for lockout services is $50.00 and will be assessed to the resident ledger.
Lockouts which occur between the hours of 11pm and 9am are the responsibility of the Resident and must involve the services of a locksmith. The cost of the locksmith services is the sole responsibility of the resident.
Animals are not permitted on the premises unless approved by management in writing by separate agreement. Upon acquiring an animal, Resident must sign an animal addendum; a photo of the animal must be on file, an animal deposit and/or applicable animal fees paid. Service animals are not subject to an animal deposit or applicable animal fees.
During Resident’s current lease term, if Residents want to transfer from one unit to another unit in the community, the transfer must be approved by Owner. For consideration, Resident(s) must have fulfilled *6* months of residency, employment and income will be re evaluated, must have paid rent on time consistently and must be in good condition. If Owner and management approves the transfer, Resident must give a 30 day notice, pay a new Security Deposit, will need to sign a new lease, complete applicable paperwork, and pay any applicable transfer fees..After Owner has inspected the Unit the appropriate portion of Resident’s original Security Deposit will be refunded in accordance with applicable law. Contact the management office if you wish to transfer from your current home at the community to another one.
Resident shall not assign or sublet all or any portion of this Lease or Resident’s right to occupy the Unit to anyone.
All moving vans, trucks and other activity related to moving into or out of your home at this community may begin no earlier than 8am and must cease by 9pm daily. Complete the move in/move-out inspection form with a MRR associate regarding the condition of your home before you move in. Make certain you receive a copy to keep for your records.
Residents, occupants and guests are not permitted to loiter in the parking areas.
NO SOLICITATION ALLOWED, unless otherwise approved by management. All residents are prohibited from soliciting business, requesting contributions, or distributing propaganda on the property.
As a resident, you are responsible for your guest(s) behavior. Keep gatherings in the common areas, clubroom, barbecue/picnic area, or inside your home. The consumption of alcoholic beverages is restricted to the confines of your living areas. People not accompanied by a resident are trespassing and will be asked to leave the property.
Any arrest offense will not be tolerated. Physical assaults of any kind, Illegal drug use or the possession of illegal drugs will not be tolerated. Guests staying more than (7) days in your home must be registered in the management office. Disposing of trash anywhere other than designated areas will not be tolerated. Inappropriate behavior including but not limited to fighting, playing on fencing, graffiti, destruction of property, or other use of community property for other than designed use will not be tolerated. Open containers of alcohol are not permitted in any common area.
Window coverings are provided by the community. Any uncovered window can only be covered by draperies with a white backing to maintain consistent window appearance. You are welcome to use your own window treatments in front of the provided window coverings. No stickers or decals are to be displayed in the windows.
Resident and their guests shall refrain from making loud or boisterous noise or any other objectionable behavior and comply with all community quiet rules, within reason, and during quiet hours. Typically, Community Quiet Hours Are: 10pm to 7am. Resident and their guests shall not interfere with the quiet enjoyment of any other Residents or with the management of the community. Respect the privacy of your neighbors with regard to television, radios and stereos. Gatherings must not become loud, boisterous, ruder or generally disturbing to other residents. Residents playing loud music in their units, the common area or cars will be in violation of their lease and may be issued a citation for disturbing the peace.
All property recreational facilities are provided for the enjoyment of the residents and guests. Abuse of the facilities and or policies will not be tolerated. Management reserves the right to restrict, wherever necessary, resident’s facility privileges. Keep skateboards, roller blades and bicycles out of the courtyard and use in the areas designated for these activities. The facilities may include, but not limited to, the fitness center, playground, racquetball court, basketball court, tennis court, or other areas. Observe posted rules and following policies:
- All activities in any of the recreational areas are unsupervised. Use at your own risk.
- Property owner(s) and management assume no responsibility for accident or injury.
- You should consult your physician before participating in any physical exercise since inherent risks may be associated.
- Persons under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.
- Please use equipment only in manner intended by the manufacturer.
- Please notify the management office immediately if you believe the equipment is malfunctioning.
- The fitness center should not be occupied by anyone not using the exercise facilities.
- Recreational areas may be used by residents and up to 2 guests. Residents must supervise guests at all times.
- Only drinks in plastic containers with lids are allowed.
- Pets are not permitted unless approved by the management office.
- Appropriate exercise shoes and clothing must be worn at all times. Swimwear when used for exercising is not appropriate. Management will determine appropriate clothing.
The pool(s)/spa are provided for your enjoyment. Resident(s) agrees to obey all rules and regulations pertaining to the use of the pool/spa, established by the owner, and that you will instruct members of your household and guests to follow and adhere to such rules. Observe the posted rules and the following policies:
- Use the pool at your own risk.
- No lifeguard or other safety personnel will be on duty at the swimming pool or spa at any time unless you receive notice from the management office stating otherwise.
- Dial 911 for EMS or emergencies.
- Posted pool hours are to be observed by all pool users.
- Persons under the age of 14 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Pool area entry/exit gates may not be propped open, or otherwise rendered inoperable for any purpose, even temporarily.
- Safety equipment is to be used only in case of an emergency.
- No running, horseplay, loud noise or disturbing activities allowed.
- Pool/spa may be used by resident(s) and up to 2 guests per home.
- Residents must accompany and supervise all guests.
- No glass permitted in pool/spa area.
- No pets allowed in pool/spa area.
- Proper swimming attire is required. Threads from improper bathing attire such as cut-offs or tank tops can cause drain clogs. If a drain clog occurs due to your attire, you may be subject to the resulting service charge to open the blockade.
- Any individuals with skin abrasions, lesions, cuts, contagious skin or eye disease, or nose, ear or communicable diseases may not use the pool facilities and will be strictly prohibited from pool entry.
Resident agrees to obey the following rules and regulations pertaining to the use of the Business Center located in the community:
- Resident is limited to two guests at any one time in the Business Center and all guests must be accompanied by a Resident.
- Resident shall be allowed to use the computers in the Business Center for a maximum period of 1 hour at a time. Once this 1 hour period has expired, Resident may use the computer in the Business Center on a “stand by” basis until another Resident requests use.
- Resident acknowledges how to use the computers in the Business Center and will not use any computers Resident does not know how to use. When finished with a computer, Resident agrees not to turn off the computer, but to clock on the HOME icon.
- Resident will not access icons or system files, chat rooms, newsgroups, list servers or bookmarks, access of print pornographic material, violate copyright laws or otherwise use the intellectual property of others without permission or download to disks. Resident represents that Resident will use the Business Center for research and educational purposes only. Resident and Resident’s guests shall not use the Business Center, or the computers located in the Business Center for any other purpose and shall not display, connect with or print out information from any pornographic or sexually suggestive site.
- Resident acknowledges that neither the Owner nor the Owner’s managing agent have any responsibility to monitor or prevent access to any sites which may be objectionable and that Owner cannot and does not guarantee that any material available on any computer or any internet site is current, accurate, inoffensive or suited to any particular user’s purpose.
- Neither Owner nor Owner’s managing agent are responsible or liable for any damages sustained by Resident or Resident’s guests or others with respect to the use of the Business Center, or any computer located in the Business Center, and Resident hereby releases Owner and Owner’s managing agent from any and all responsibility, liability or damages of any nature whatsoever relating to the use of the Business Center, or any of the computers located at the Business Center, by Resident, Resident’s guests, or other.
- Resident shall be responsible for any children using the Business Center and Resident represents that no one under the age of 14 may enter the Business Center without being accompanied by an adult.
The lease contract is and will be subject and subordinate to the lien and provisions of any mortgages or deeds of trust now or hereafter placed against the property or against our interest or estate in the property, and any renewals, modifications, consolidations and extensions of such mortgages of you to effect subordination. If any mortgagee elects to have this lease prior to the lien of such mortgagee’s mortgage or deed of trust, and given such notice of such election to you, this lease will be deemed prior trust, or the recording thereof. You will execute and deliver upon request from us, such further instruments evidencing the subordination of this lease to any mortgage or deed of trust. In the event of foreclosure of the exercise of the power of sale under any mortgage or deed of trust against the property, you will, upon request of any person or party succeeding to our interest as a result of such proceedings, attorney to such successor in interest as landlord under this lease; provided; however, in no event shall you have the right to terminate this lease in the event of foreclosure by any lien holder of the property.
A failure by the owner to insist upon strict performance of any of the policies contained herein shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any of the rights or remedies the owner may have, and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default in the terms of these policies.
The owner’s interpretation of these rules and regulations, and the owner’s decision based on them, shall be final and conclusive. All policies will be strictly enforced. Anyone violating these policies will be asked to move.
The owner may, from time to time, amend or change any of the community policies applicable to the standard of conduct to be exercised in the community by giving written notice to the resident pursuant of the terms and conditions set forth in the lease governing such notices.