Designed to support the standards of Brittany Lane Apartments, the policies listed below apply to all residents, apartment occupants and their guests.
Community Policies, Rules and Release
Your community may have access gates. If you community has access gates, you will be given separate instructions on proper operation of the gates including, codes, transmitters and other information. Owner is not and shall not become liable to you, your family, your guests or other occupants of your home for any injury, damage or loss whatsoever which is caused as a result of a problem, defect, malfunction or failure of the performance of the access gates.
MAIL & DELIVERIES
In the event that owner accepts delivery of Resident’s mail or packages, Resident releases owner from all liability with respect to the acceptance or storage of any mail or packages. We ask that all packages be claimed within (7) days.
In the event that the community is under construction, Resident agrees to observe all warning signs and blockades and stay away from the construction areas. Construction crews work throughout the days during the week and on weekends in order to complete construction. Areas of construction will have machinery and equipment to be used by authorized personnel only and entry into these areas by Resident, occupants of the Unit or their respective guests is strictly prohibited.
LAUNDRY ROOMS, VENDING MACHINES & NEWSPAPER RACKS
If your property provides laundry rooms, the rooms will be operated by a commercial company. A repair number is posted in the laundry facility and may be called for repair service and funds. Please help keep the laundry room clean. Agent and/or owner shall not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property. If vending machines or newspaper racks need maintenance, please contact the repair number posted on the machines. If no number is present, please contact the office.
COMMON AREAS & OBSTRUCTIONS
Keep all sidewalks, entrances, passageways and stairways around the property free from obstructions. No bicycles, baby carriages, motorcycles, or other personal effects shall be stored in or near halls, stairways, elevators, laundry rooms, sidewalks or other public areas. Resident shall remove any shopping cart brought onto the property. Trash: Keep trash in its proper place. Trash receptacles are located on the community grounds. A minimum charge of $5 and up to $50 will be levied for anyone placing trash in any area not designated for refuse disposal.
During normal business hours, the management office will allow residents entry into their home upon verifying photo identification against the lease file. Prior approval is required if the residents locks are changed by an outside vendor and management must have a key to your apartment home. If a security system is installed, management must have a current access code. Additional locks (such as chain locks) may be added to your door ONLY with the permission of the resident manager, and must be installed by the management maintenance staff. A requested lock change will be provided for $50.00 and will be completed after payment is received.
Animals are not permitted on the premises unless approved by management in writing by separate agreement. Upon acquiring an animal, Resident must sign an animal addendum; a photo of the animal must be on file, an animal deposit and/or applicable animal fees paid. Service animals are not subject to an animal deposit or applicable animal fees.
During Resident’s current lease term, if Residents want to transfer from one unit to another unit in the community, the transfer must be approved by owner. For consideration, Resident(s) must have fulfilled *6* months of residency, employment and income will be re-evaluated, must have paid rent on time consistently and must be in good condition. If owner and management approves the transfer, Resident must give a 30 day notice, pay a new Security Deposit, will need to sign a new lease, complete applicable paperwork, and pay any applicable transfer fees. After owner has inspected the Unit the appropriate portion of Resident’s original Security Deposit will be refunded in accordance with applicable law. Contact the management office if you wish to transfer from your current home at the community to another one.
ASSIGNMENT & SUBLETTING
Resident shall not assign or sublet all or any portion of this Lease or Resident’s right to occupy the Unit to anyone.
All moving vans, trucks and other activity related to moving into or out of your home at this community may begin no earlier than 8am and must cease by 9pm daily. Complete the move in/move-out inspection form with a MRR associate regarding the condition of your home before you move in. Make certain you receive a copy to keep for your records.
Residents, occupants and guests are not permitted to loiter in the parking areas.
NO SOLICITATION ALLOWED, unless otherwise approved by management. All residents are prohibited from soliciting business, requesting contributions, or distributing propaganda on the property.
GUESTS & GATHERINGS
As a resident, you are responsible for your guest(s) behavior. Keep gatherings in the common areas, clubroom, barbecue/picnic area, or inside your home. The consumption of alcoholic beverages is restricted to the confines of your living areas. People not accompanied by a resident are trespassing and will be asked to leave the property.
Any arrest offense will not be tolerated. Physical assaults of any kind, Illegal drug use or the possession of illegal drugs will not be tolerated. Guests staying more than (7) days in your home must be registered in the management office. Disposing of trash anywhere other than designated areas will not be tolerated. Inappropriate behavior including but not limited to fighting, playing on fencing, graffiti, destruction of property, or other use of community property for other than designed use will not be tolerated. Open containers of alcohol are not permitted in any common area.
Window coverings are provided by the community. Any uncovered window can only be covered by draperies with a white backing to maintain consistent window appearance. You are welcome to use your own window treatments in front of the provided window coverings. No stickers or decals are to be displayed in the windows.
Resident and their guests shall refrain from making loud or boisterous noise or any other objectionable behavior and comply with all community quiet rules, within reason, and during quiet hours. Typically, Community Quiet Hours Are: 10pm to 7am. Resident and their guests shall not interfere with the quiet enjoyment of any other Residents or with the management of the community. Respect the privacy of your neighbors with regard to television, radios and stereos. Gatherings must not become loud, boisterous, ruder or generally disturbing to other residents. Residents playing loud music in their units, the common area or cars will be in violation of their lease and may be issued a citation for disturbing the peace.
FITNESS CENTER, PLAYGROUND & OTHER RECREATIONAL AREAS
All property recreational facilities are provided for the enjoyment of the residents and guests. Abuse of the facilities and or policies will not be tolerated. Management reserves the right to restrict, wherever necessary, resident’s facility privileges. Keep skateboards, roller blades and bicycles out of the courtyard and use in the areas designated for these activities. The facilities may include, but not limited to, the fitness center, playground, racquetball court, basketball court, tennis court, or other areas. Observe posted rules and following policies:
- All activities in any of the recreational areas are unsupervised. Use at your own risk.
- Property owner(s) and management assume no responsibility for accident or injury.
- You should consult your physician before participating in any physical exercise since inherent risks may be associated.
- Persons under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.
- Please use equipment only in manner intended by the manufacturer.
- Please notify the management office immediately if you believe the equipment is malfunctioning.
- The fitness center should not be occupied by anyone not using the exercise facilities.
- Recreational areas may be used by residents and up to 2 guests. Residents must supervise guests at all times.
- Only drinks in plastic containers with lids are allowed.
- Pets are not permitted unless approved by the management office.
- Appropriate exercise shoes and clothing must be worn at all times. Swimwear when used for exercising is not appropriate. Management will determine appropriate clothing.
The pool(s)/spa are provided for your enjoyment. Resident(s) agrees to obey all rules and regulations pertaining to the use of the pool/spa, established by the owner, and that you will instruct members of your household and guests to follow and adhere to such rules. Observe the posted rules and the following policies:
- Use the pool at your own risk.
- No lifeguard or other safety personnel will be on duty at the swimming pool or spa at any time unless you receive notice from the management office stating otherwise.
- Dial 911 for EMS or emergencies.
- Posted pool hours are to be observed by all pool users.
- Persons under the age of 14 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Pool area entry/exit gates may not be propped open, or otherwise rendered inoperable for any purpose, even temporarily.
- Safety equipment is to be used only in case of an emergency.
- No running, horseplay, loud noise or disturbing activities allowed.
- Pool/spa may be used by resident(s) and up to 2 guests per home.
- Residents must accompany and supervise all guests.
- No glass permitted in pool/spa area.
- No pets allowed in pool/spa area.
- Proper swimming attire is required. Threads from improper bathing attire such as cut-offs or tank tops can cause drain clogs. If a drain clog occurs due to your attire, you may be subject to the resulting service charge to open the blockade.
- Any individuals with skin abrasions, lesions, cuts, contagious skin or eye disease, or nose, ear or communicable diseases may not use the pool facilities and will be strictly prohibited from pool entry.
Resident agrees to obey the following rules and regulations pertaining to the use of the Business Center located in the community:
- Resident is limited to two guests at any one time in the Business Center and all guests must be accompanied by a Resident.
- Resident shall be allowed to use the computers in the Business Center for a maximum period of 1 hour at a time. Once this 1 hour period has expired, Resident may use the computer in the Business Center on a “stand by” basis until another Resident requests use.
- Resident acknowledges how to use the computers in the Business Center and will not use any computers Resident does not know how to use. When finished with a computer, Resident agrees not to turn off the computer, but to clock on the HOME icon.
- Resident will not access icons or system files, chat rooms, newsgroups, list servers or bookmarks, access of print pornographic material, violate copyright laws or otherwise use the intellectual property of others without permission or download to disks. Resident represents that Resident will use the Business Center for research and educational purposes only. Resident and Resident’s guests shall not use the Business Center, or the computers located in the Business Center for any other purpose and shall not display, connect with or print out information from any pornographic or sexually suggestive site.
- Resident acknowledges that neither the Owner nor the Owner’s managing agent have any responsibility to monitor or prevent access to any sites which may be objectionable and that Owner cannot and does not guarantee that any material available on any computer or any internet site is current, accurate, inoffensive or suited to any particular user’s purpose.
- Neither Owner nor Owner’s managing agent are responsible or liable for any damages sustained by Resident or Resident’s guests or others with respect to the use of the Business Center, or any computer located in the Business Center, and Resident hereby releases Owner and Owner’s managing agent from any and all responsibility, liability or damages of any nature whatsoever relating to the use of the Business Center, or any of the computers located at the Business Center, by Resident, Resident’s guests, or other.
- Resident shall be responsible for any children using the Business Center and Resident represents that no one under the age of 14 may enter the Business Center without being accompanied by an adult.
The lease contract is and will be subject and subordinate to the lien and provisions of any mortgages or deeds of trust now or hereafter placed against the property or against our interest or estate in the property, and any renewals, modifications, consolidations and extensions of such mortgages of you to effect subordination. If any mortgagee elects to have this lease prior to the lien of such mortgagee’s mortgage or deed of trust, and given such notice of such election to you, this lease will be deemed prior trust, or the recording thereof. You will execute and deliver upon request from us, such further instruments evidencing the subordination of this lease to any mortgage or deed of trust. In the event of foreclosure of the exercise of the power of sale under any mortgage or deed of trust against the property, you will, upon request of any person or party succeeding to our interest as a result of such proceedings, attorney to such successor in interest as landlord under this lease; provided; however, in no event shall you have the right to terminate this lease in the event of foreclosure by any lien holder of the property.
A failure by the owner to insist upon strict performance of any of the policies contained herein shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any of the rights or remedies the owner may have, and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default in the terms of these policies.
INTERPRETATION OF POLICIES
The owner’s interpretation of these rules and regulations, and the owner’s decision based on them, shall be final and conclusive. All policies will be strictly enforced. Anyone violating these policies will be asked to move.
MODIFICATION OF POLICIES
The owner may, from time to time, amend or change any of the community policies applicable to the standard of conduct to be exercised in the community by giving written notice to the resident pursuant of the terms and conditions set forth in the lease governing such notices.